Thank you for your interest in working at Minnesota Food Association.
Marketing Coordinator – Full Time Position
MFA is hiring a Marketing Coordinator to
1) coordinate the marketing of Big River Farms produce directly to customers through Community Supported Agriculture ( CSA),
2)to administer the Big River Farms distribution program including maintaining and acquiring new accounts, receiving and fulfilling orders, and
3) to research, recommend and help to build a Twin Cities wide sustainable distribution system which will be appropriate for Big River Farms Training Participants and alumni to use as a market.
- Minimum 3+ years experience as a produce buyer or producing and selling produce in the Twin Cities local food market place.
- Excellent written, oral and computer based communication and administrative skills.
- Experience working with immigrants and refugees for whom English is a second language.
- Strong attention to detail and timelines.
- Preference will be given to those with experience vegetable farming (?).
- Preference will be given to those with bilingual skills.
- Strong commitment to creating a sustainable food system and developing commercially viable farmers.
- Strong commitment to empowering historically underserved populations including recent immigrants and minorities.
- Desire and ability to collaborate internally and with external partners to contribute to the vision, mission and goals.
- Demonstrates initiative, flexibility, accountability and respect for all.
Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, farmers, funders and others
Send cover letter and resume to: Glen Hill at Minnesota Food Association, 14220 B Ostlund Trail North, Marine on Saint Croix, Mn 55047 or send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline November 29, 2014.