Minnesota Food Association's mission is to build a more sustainable food system based on social, economic and environmental justice.
We seek to impact local food production, grow more sustainable food producers, and enhance their connections to markets and resources. We do our work in the St. Croix River Valley and the Twin Cities Metro Area of Minnesota.
MFA provides a full range of educational programming about organic agriculture to beginning farmers and to all members of the community interested in learning more. Our unique approach uses the rich resources of a Certified Organic farm, located within the 7-county Twin Cities Metro, to engage our constituents directly in the lives of organic farmers and the production of the food they eat. Our farmer training program serves individuals from socially-disadvantaged backgrounds, primarily refugees and recent immigrants. Aspiring farmers can choose to participate in varying levels of our programming, based on their needs and level of commitment to farming.
You're invited to the
2014 Fall Harvest Party!
Date/Time: October 25, 2014 from 3:30 - 8:00 pm
Location: MFA/Big River Farms (14220-B Ostlund Trail North,Marine on St. Croix, MN 55047)
This party is a gift to our members, donor, friends and supporters. It will feature a goat roast, beverages, live music, hayrides, a celebratory bonfire and more!
It is a potluck dinner, so please bring a dish to share. Feel free to bring a blanket or chairs to sit on.
We hope to see you here!
Thanks for making the Big River Slow Food Dinner a success!
Around 100 people came out to the farm to have dinner made by four amazing local chefs and raise money for MFA and Slow Food MN. The weather was beautiful, the band was fun, the auction items were all sold, and the food was fantastic.
Check out our Facebook page for even more pictures!
Aaron Blyth, Farm Manager at Big River Farms, tells SPNN's Market crew how he prepares for the 2012 growing season and how, as a farmer, he deals with the ever changing weather in Minnesota.
News from the Farm
- BRF CSA Newsletter Week 18: Tuesday October 21, 2014
- Employment Opportunities October 20, 2014
- Today is World Food Day! October 16, 2014
- BRF CSA Newsletter Thursday: Week 17 October 16, 2014
- BRF CSA Newsletter Week 16: Tuesday October 7, 2014
- You're invited to the 2014 Fall Harvest Party! October 2, 2014
- BRF CSA Newsletter Week 15: Tuesday September 30, 2014
- BRF CSA Newsletter Week 14: Tuesday September 23, 2014
- BRF CSA Newsletter: Week 13 Tuesday September 16, 2014
- Big River Slow Food Dinner! September 12, 2014