Minnesota Food Association is dedicated to growing farmers and growing food.
The Big River Farms Program of Minnesota Food Association (MFA) operates an immigrant and minority farmer training program together with a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) and wholesale distribution service.
We provide farmers with the skills and knowledge to operate their own viable organic and sustainable vegetable farms, while providing fresh, organic produce to local consumers by the farmers-in-training and promoting a more sustainable food system.
MFA is a nonprofit organization counting on generous tax-exempt donor support.
Aaron Blyth, Farm Manager at Big River Farms, tells SPNN's Market crew how he prepares for the 2012 growing season and how, as a farmer, he deals with the ever changing weather in Minnesota.
Thanks to SPNN for the Market Series.
News from the Farm
- Leadership Transition at MFA November 22, 2013
- Fall BRF CSA Newsletter: First Delivery! October 22, 2013
- BRF CSA Last Week: Newsletter 18 October 17, 2013
- New recipe: Sauteed Tender Greens October 17, 2013
- New recipe: Butternut squash gnocchi with sage brown butter October 17, 2013
- BRF CSA Newsletter: Week 17 Thursday October 10, 2013
- BRF CSA Newsletter: Week 16 October 3, 2013
- New recipe: Stuffed Peppers October 1, 2013
- New recipe: Kale and Sausage Stuffed Delicata Squash Recipe October 1, 2013
- BRF CSA Newsletter: Week 15 Thursday September 26, 2013